Welcome to my blog. I will do my best to post homework assignments, exam/project due dates, as well as other information. Please check it on a regular basis, as it will help you keep up with your work.

Thursday, January 19, 2012

In response to the letters we wrote to the Minister of Education...

January 18, 2012


Dear grade six class at Ecole Corinthia Park School,

Thank you for sharing your comments about Alberta’s education system with me. You are among a large number of children and youth across the province that sent me their thoughtful and creative ideas.

Right now we are moving towards creating a new education law this spring. In the mean time we have also created a 10-point plan with projects to improve education right away.

Alberta has a great education system and I want to make sure it continues to grow in the right direction. It is important that all students in Alberta have the best education possible so everyone can continue to learn new things and become more knowledgeable each year. I want you to be successful learners so you can achieve your dreams.

The 10-point plan for education includes many great initiatives such as a project to reduce travel times for some students who spend more than one hour on a bus and building playgrounds at the same time as new schools. For you and your parents to learn more about the 10-point plan and for other information please visit: www.education.alberta.ca.

I would like to send you a bookmark as a token of my appreciation for your input, and encourage you to send me your mailing address. I hope you will find it a useful reminder that you had your say about Alberta’s education system.

Please write me anytime to share your ideas on education, I am always listening.

Your friend,

 

Thomas A. Lukaszuk
Minister of Education
MLA, Edmonton – Castle Downs

No comments:

Post a Comment